Friday 19 October 2012

Two days into re-activating my account

So. Here we are. Story time.

The following is an overview of the first days back at it.


  • My first interaction was actually a pretty respectful one. From a man in an open-marriage looking for friends and a potential second girlfriend, if someone was into poly-relationships, which I am not. I wrote him back thanking him for his compliments (he had called me beautiful. I'll take it!) but that I didn't like to share. He wrote back again saying he completely understood and meant the compliments genuinely.                                Gotta give him props for being a decent human being. If I had a nickle for every time I rejected a guy (even in a nice manner) and had him respond with a variation of "whatever, you're ugly anyway", I would have roughly...... thirty cents.

  • One message saying "hey cute girl ;) how r u:)". In his picture he is leaning up against a car. Surprisingly, didn't feel the need to respond. I won't always include details about messages like this because, if this round of online dating is similar to previous ones, I will get many like this.
 
  • Another similar to above when I signed on later at night. Something along the lines of, "I see ur up late wanna chat?". Nope.

  • Who needs to know how to spell or use periods? Not this next guy! I wish I had print screened this one but I deleted a bunch of messages yesterday. But luckily, I had pasted it to a friend so I have the an exact email for your viewing pleasure. So it starts of by him saying something like... "ur profile gave me the wow factor etc etc blahblah let me no if u wanna go for coffee or chat some time". I responded... "Thank you for your compliment" assuming that would signify I wasn't interested but I appreciated the compliment. After thought about being nice will be written below as a future post.
  • I guess he is obvlious to subtlety though, because this was his (copy and pasted...no joke) response: "so lol is that a maybe you would like to chat lol do u like my pics I know I don't have much in my profile but this is me I work at maaco for 5-1/2 years I'm a great dad with a great son I love my job it's my career I would even do it on the side I'm very out spoken I a nice after you know me :) I did move alot so I don't have meany friends so I'm a 7to5 kind of guy and have my son as much as I can I bin single for 5months my most resont girl friend did not want a kid in her life and my babys mama did not like the little bit of weed i smoke but I put my son and bills first I'm not a bum lol and have no drama at all with babymama lol we are better now then ever she would tell you that I'm a grate guy funny how things work so now that you know a little more would you like to chat chill go for a coffee lol  kev :)
  • Oh your baby mama would say you're a great guy? Well in that case! I decided not to respond, judging by the fact that it clearly wasn't going to achieve much. Which resulted in him sending two further (but much shorter) messages, basically asking me "what do u think lol :)". Which then resulted in me saying I wasn't interested.
 I wonder if he has this t-shirt?
 
 
  • Probably half the emails so far are from men who don't even live in Canada. I'm not really sure why they are wasting their time or how they're finding my profile. Although some are decent messages, I tell them that I'm only interested in chatting with men who live nearby...aka at the very least, in the same country as me. Two brief stories that stood out...

1. A man from the UK who told me I had a radiant smile, asked me what kind of toothpaste I use (...k) and told me he would propose on the spot if I lived in London. I'm big in London, I swear!


 
2. A man from India with the screen name "stoneusa". His picture is a man wearing a turban and he says his name is Garry. He calls me beautiful and asks if he can write me something. Even after I say the whole "Thanks for the compliment but I'm only interested in people in my area" thang, he still asks if we can be friends. NO GARRY, GODDAMMIT.



That's it for now folk! Phew this was a long post. They will be broken up better and include more screen shots of the actual messages in the future, so it won't just be a big post of my typing haha!